No. We will never ask you for your private keys to run an Algorand node (or any other node). Participation keys and able to be derived from Private keys in the Algorand protocol, which enables you to participate in consensus without giving up ultimate control (e.g., transfer functionality) of your Algos.
Articles in this section
- What is Algorand?
- What is a Participation node?
- What is a Relay node?
- Do I have to give Bison Trails my private keys to run an Algorand node?
- Does Bison Trails take custody of my Algorand tokens (algos)?
- Where are my Relay and Participation nodes located?
- Is there slashing in Algorand?
- Can I use a custodian for my Algos while using Bison Trails infrastructure?
- Can I self-custody my Algos while using Bison Trails infrastructure?
- What are my Algorand node metrics measuring?